Following a successful stint at the Playwork Conference in Eastbourne earlier this month, the momentum towards establishing a new playwork body continues to grow.
Around 150 people have now broadly agreed on the purpose and nature of the kind of vehicle that the field wants to create. A new playwork body could, for example:
- Represent playworkers UK-wide, giving them a collective voice.
- Be a focus for good practice: supporting research and other areas that develop playwork.
- Promote playwork nationally and support local campaigns.
- Lobby for policy change to create a legal and regulatory framework conducive to playwork services.
- Provide support and benefits for playworkers, such as networking, information, skills sharing, events and resources.
- Be outward looking, building links with other professions and sectors.
The discussions have also led to a broad consensus on what kind of vehicle the playwork community needs, with some general principles giving us a clear direction…
View original post 425 more words